Sunday 2 June 2013

Question...

... what kind of fool, when about to start an entirely self-catered dinner party for 12 people, takes a look at the clock (5 minutes to go), the state of the kitchen (chaos), the heat on the barbeque which her husband forgot to start on time to cook the butterflied leg of lamb (not hot enough), and the table (a work in progress due to the fact that the dishwasher was started late and half the cutlery needed to make up the place settings is still inside it), and then thinks to herself;

'Oh, I've got that packet of fresh mint in the fridge, and loads of lemons.  Why don't I make some mint lemonade, from scratch, for those who aren't drinking wine?'

Face, palm.


5 comments:

  1. Surely it was just the moment to bring out the Crostini Pea and Parmesan dip?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Iota - if I had had a Sainsbury's around the corner, then I most definitely would have...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Who doesn't drink wine?! And why are we inviting them?

    ReplyDelete
  4. What do you mean, Sainsbury's? Surely you would just whip it up yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  5. MrsM - apparently, it happens. Somewhere. Or at least, that's what I hear...

    Iota, yes, but the recipe specifically says (in the margin, in the handwriting of a chef I trust - me); 'Don't bother. Sainsbury's is better.' So, unfortunately, my hands were tied...

    ReplyDelete

Go on - you know you want to...