Monday 25 February 2013

Advantage of Moving Your Family to Russia Nb...?

(Note: I started to write the title of this post and realised that for many people, there would appear to be no advantages to moving your family to Russia.  Believe me, there are plenty, but in the interests of not appearing too smug or jinxing my own life, I'm going to keep most of them to myself until I write my hugely anticipated memoirs.  Plus, I just got back from holiday and frankly I've forgotten what most of them are...)

So.

Advantage of Moving Your Family to Russia Nb. Whatever.

When you stop over for a night in Berlin on your way back to Moscow from a week away, and your Husband suggests taking a walk to go and see the Brandenburg Gate and generally get a bit of a feel for the city, you don't think twice about saying yes.  Even though it's below 0degC, snowing heavily, and dark.  And funnily enough, once they're outside (we'll gloss over the bribery and corruption it took to get them there), your children don't mind either.

You know why?

Well, as Boy #1 said during our walk "This is just like Moscow, Mum - but with more expensive cars."

4 comments:

  1. So that sign from Silent Sunday was historic Berlin? I was puzzling about how it could be Moscow. I'm really confused now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was Berlin, Iota. No need to be confused though - am back in Moscow now. And there is CERTAINLY no American sector here at the moment. (Shakes head sadly).

    ReplyDelete
  3. HA! I was right! I am almost never right! (pats self on back) Sorry it was short, but glad you enjoyed it anyway!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, just ran across this and thought of you. I suppose it's part of a huge stereotype, but based on the Russian tourists I've run across here in Seoul, it seems pretty accurate: I hope your spam blocker doesn't banish me, but I'll try anyway: http://www.uproxx.com/webculture/2013/02/russian-selfie-addict/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+uproxx%2Ffeatures+%28Uproxx%29&utm_content=Google+Feedfetcher

    ReplyDelete

Go on - you know you want to...