Wednesday 6 June 2012

I'm sorry, I'll say that again: Adventures with Boy #2


Yesterday evening, Boy #2 became very upset just before bedtime.  He raced into his bedroom, howling in anguish over some slight that had taken place, and once his older brother and I could take our hands from our ears, we tried to work out what it was.

Now, he's 6 years old.  His vocabulary is pretty good.  But for the life of me I couldn't work out what it was he was creating about.  The only thing Boy #1 and I could tell was that it was something to do with the television programme they'd just watched, and the fact that it wasn't what he had been expecting.

But what had he been expecting?

Dabido Dapeda, apparently.

Oh, I'm sorry.  You don't understand?  Let me tell you again.

"Dabido Dapeda.  YOU know.  Dabido. Dapeda.  And the hammerhead sharks!  The sharks!! Mama!  Stop laughing!  The sharks!  Dabido DAPEDA!!!"

Yes, that would be David Attenborough.  Isn't it obvious?

4 comments:

  1. I love it. What a sweetheart. And he was trying so hard to make himself clear.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So would Richard Attenborough be Rapido Dapida, do you think?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have said it before. "From the mouths of babes..."
    Very funny, I love it.

    LCM x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Poor children. How frustrating we parents must be to them!

    ReplyDelete

Go on - you know you want to...