Monday 23 April 2012

I am grateful for...

This post is the result of a BritMums blogging prompt, in which they suggested we write what we're grateful for.

So here we go: I am grateful for...

My boys, Husband and family
My friends
yadda yadda yadda... the normal stuff we are supposed to be grateful for and of course I am, but but let's cut to the chase...

In no particular order, then:


  • Chocolate. The good stuff, that is.
  • Diet coke
  • Cool white wine on warm summer evenings
  • Cool white wine
  • Butter, sugar, flour, eggs, and whichever genius it was who originally thought; 'Hey! Why not mix them together and turn them into something called - oh, I don't know - cake..?'
  • Cake, generally.  But not Russian cake - sorry.
  • Free range meat & organic vegetables (they really do taste better - and no, we can't generally get them here)
  • Silver sneakers
  • Blister plasters
  • Bling and the self-control not to wear too much of it.  Because of the blisters, obvs.
  • Garlic
  • Toothbrushes & toothpaste
  • Marilyn Moore on the Kings Road in Chelsea
  • Dry cleaners
  • John Lewis (insert heavenly 'LAAA' here)
  • Kindle
  • The fact that my Kindle purchases come out of MY rather than my husband's account
  • A crisply ironed shirt when I haven't had to be the one who ironed it
  • Fresh fish
  • The fact my sons also love fresh fish and will happily sit for a good ten minutes planning our fresh-fish safaris with me as we get excited about forthcoming trips back to the UK
  • The sound of the snow under my cross country skis
  • The fact that the sound of snow under my cross country skis is now a thing of the past until about next January
  • Camomile tea
  • Vodka and champagne.  But not together.  That part of my life is over.
  • South Kensington, generally
  • The expat bubble and the opportunity to step outside it in Russia


And finally;

People who read my wittering blog posts through to the end...

9 comments:

  1. Simply perfect! I never knew Blister Plasters until I came to the UK! They are genius as is your post! ;)

    Karin @ Cafe Bebe

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cheeeeeeeeese

    ReplyDelete
  3. John Lewis is so fab, isn't it? No shop in America can compare....

    ReplyDelete
  4. So many of these would be on my list too. Especially cake!

    ReplyDelete
  5. List making one of the things we all do best. Glad I made it to the end of the post!

    BNM

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thankyou Karin!

    Mud, now do you mean this post is full of cheese (which of course it is), or that you are grateful for cheese? (Can't believe I left it off the list, actually...)

    NVG, and definitely no shop in Moscow.

    Irene, I aim to please!

    Mum of all Trades, my kind of person...

    BNM, me too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for sharing organic is not available! This would have been one of my questions. Is second hand smoke considered organic?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you for sharing organic is not available! This would have been one of my questions. Is second hand smoke considered organic?

    ReplyDelete

Go on - you know you want to...