Thursday 16 September 2010

Question(s);

Is there anything quite like:

Being woken half an hour before the alarm goes off by your younger son shouting "I need a poo! I need a POO! INEEDAPOO!!!" at the top of his voice?

Treading on lego shrapnel with bare feet in the dark, as you negotiate your way through his bedroom to try and get him to be quiet and not wake your long-suffering neighbours?

Discovering by the time you get back to bed after the loo incident that it is now only 20 minutes before wake-up time, and there is no way you will manage to get back to sleep before it's time to get up? In short, you have been cheated of 30 precious minutes of sleep.

Finding that not only are your socks too thick to wear under the boots you had planned on putting on, but that your only remaining pair of - shudder - pop socks has a hole in the heel?

Being greeted by a rainy Autumnal Moscow day.

Attending a meeting about a forthcoming craft fair at the school and suddenly realising you have spoken out loud what you were thinking, and have inadvertently promised to try and collect 200 pine cones to allow the children to make attractive Christmas (sorry! Holiday, HOLIDAY!) tree decorations?


Still, life does provide the odd compensation...




14 comments:

  1. Doesn't matter where you live, life always catches up with you. Sigh. Gutting about the half hour sleep - why is that always the way?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha HA!! It never ends!
    Though I must say my girls got the hang of it all fairly young, so I'm lucky.
    Lack of sleep is never good ( as you know I'm not a good sleeper) but the Pop socks..Potty..the POP SOCKS!!! We must talk! Shall I put some nice soft bamboo socks in the post to you?

    ReplyDelete
  3. yes, I've had that 3 times this week. 2 bad dreams, 1 need the loo & 1 need to blow my nose!? AND each time, rather than getting up & coming to find me, she has now developed the even more anoying habit of yelling for me, from her bed!

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh, that's FOUR. You see I'm so sleep deprived I can't even count to 4 anymore

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pop socks? What, are you 73? Now I know what to buy you for Christmas. Surely Totes Toasties would be more suitable? Mmmmmmm, Toasties (said in a Homer Simpson stylie).

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a gorgeous photo! You'll look lovely walking through the trees with your big basket of pine cones.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ignore all the others, occasionally pop socks do have a purpose as long as no-one can see them (hence under tight boots). I won't tell anyone if you don't?

    ReplyDelete
  8. I had the 'I need a POO' call just as we were leaving the house for preschool this morning. Which is a disaster as LB2 always spends about 20 minutes on the loo.....

    Love the autumnal picture. It's getting autumnal here too now, suddenly - all misty in the mornings and hundreds of acorns underfoot.

    ReplyDelete
  9. PWN, I don't know - but it stinks!

    Frog, I know. I am ashamed. But at least I can get my boots on without stretching them...

    Paradise, oh I hate that. HATE it!

    FK, have had no dinner. Talk of toasties is not helping, dammit!

    Jennifer, thanks (except of course they're birch trees, so ....) #citygirl?

    Trish, you and me together against the pop-sock nay-sayers. They don't know what they're missing.

    NVG - and I bet he gives you his considered opinion of the world too, whilst he's on there?

    ReplyDelete
  10. That photo would make up for the lost sleep. For me at least.

    Stunning.

    LCM x

    ReplyDelete
  11. I had a potential four (4!!!) hour stretch of sleep last night, for the first time in ages, and it was interrupted by a boy with a bad dream. I was evil and told him to be quiet for the baby and go wake up his dad. I will burn in hell, but I managed to get back to sleep.

    Just to say I feel your pain. Sleep is a major preoccupation in the life of a mother.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sleep you can always catch up with..it's the lego that hurts! At least that's my mantra...

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh, I can always go back to sleep for 20 minutes.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Haha! I love the reality within this post. I find it so amusing, but I'm guessing this is because I yet have it all to come.

    *Shudders*

    ReplyDelete

Go on - you know you want to...