Saturday 19 September 2009

British Blogging Mummy of the Week

It's Friday night, the one just gone (the day is important, at least if you live in the UK - read on to find out why...)

Me: "Come on, there's half an hour before 'Rebus' starts. I know we've never watched it before, but let's take a look at 'Strictly Come Dancing' and see what all the fuss is about..." (Yes, that's our rock & roll weekend right there, laid out on a plate...)

Husband: "What? You've got to be kidding! Oh go on then - there's nothing else on..."


30 minutes later...

Me: "Shall we turn over? 'Rebus' is about to start."

Husband: "Hang on, I just want to see the scores..."

He then proceeded to check back on the action every time there was an ad break on the other side... Please, somebody tell me I'm not alone in this?


Speaking of cheese-tastic entertainment, this week's British Blogging Mummy of the Week does a fantastic line in cheesy songs, and writes of herself:

'I honestly love being a mum, more than anything I love being puked on, I love spending most my nights awake, I love singing the “wheels on the bus” although my favourite one is “Old McDonald” and I love reading “Owl” stories every night... Honestly who would trade that against lovely pairs of Gucci shoes, D&G bags, nights out at the drop of the hat, and holidays in resorts that ban children? I can put my hand on my heart and say I wouldn't, although I would quite like a little bit less puke and more sleep... '

And Peggy at Perfectly Happy Mum's recent post about putting her oldest into pre-school rang a lot of bells in the Potty Family - check it out here.

To check out the British Mummy Bloggers Ning, click here. (Note: It's called 'Mummy', but Dads can be members too)

2 comments:

  1. Ha Ha.. are you both hooked then? It's addictive isn't it?

    BM x

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW THANK YOU SO SO MUCH!!! I am so pleased and honored you picke ME! Thanks again xx And my husband is definitely nowhere near being addicted to Strictly Come Dancing... unfortunately!

    ReplyDelete

Go on - you know you want to...