Sunday 30 August 2009

British Blogging Mummy of the Week

I'm taking time out this morning from dealing with a 5 year old Power Ranger-crazy Boy #1 who has spotted that if he sends a good enough drawing of one of his heroes to the Power Ranger magazine, he could win - gasp! - a Power Ranger Animorphin Beast Figurine.

Naturally all other activies in the Potty household have been put on hold until a suitable work of art has been created and posted off to the mag. I think he's done a pretty good job, myself. Admittedly there was some help provided by yours truly in sketching the outline, but all the colouring-in was his own work, honest guv... (And to those who accuse me of being an over-protective mummy, I was driven to such supportive lengths only after many - many, many, many - abortive attempts by Boy #1 to do it entirely by himself, which resulted in much frustration, shoutiness, screwed up paper, and our being down to our last sheet of white A4...)

This is a situation which I imagine today's British Blogging Mummy of the Week, Brit in Bosnia, would completely sympathise with, since she writes of herself:

'When I'm not being a Mum to my 2 boys, I am doing a very much part-time PhD on football and reconciliation. There's also the dog to be walked, household admin, trying to work out how to do things in another country and a blog to be written. I have recently discovered that I spend most of my time sounding like a very shrill international rugby referee ('put the ball down' 'leave it!' 'one more time and I'll send you to the naughty step - I mean sin bin'). '

I especially recommend you check out her recent post on postcards - a very good way of letting off steam and an approach that may well appear here before too long if the situation with the gate at the playground in Holland Park doesn't sort itself out soon...

To check out the British Mummy Bloggers Ning, click here. (Note: It's called 'Mummy', but Dads can be members too)

5 comments:

  1. Thank you very much! That has made my weekend. Which needed some making so I'm most grateful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Definitely one of my favourite blogs! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yep this is definitely a great blog, well done

    ReplyDelete

Go on - you know you want to...